Tuesday 24 February 2009

Shoots n roots

Well I have dug another two up, one garlic and one onion:



I have had a bit of a read up and silly me, during the shorter daylight days the energy goes in to the leaves and roots, and as the days get long it switches to the bulbs, they wont be ready to pull up until June/July, I'm such a donut. Those shoots 'n' roots sure do look pretty damn healthy to me though, and they smell delicious.


These are my onions, there seems to be lots of weird and wonderful things growing in between them, I'm going to go sort that out later on



and this is the garlic.



Patience is most certainly a virtue.

1 comment:

Delores Getmeslippers said...

I am so pleased you are getting back into your growing. Treat yourself to a gardening growing veggie book so that you can get some tips about when to do what. Can't wait to taste some of your French Onion Soup,MMMMMMMM