Tuesday 21 October 2008

Rootin shootin


I have shoots, they started shooting through at the weekend and are now a few inches high. I was told today that I don't really have to worry about manuring the earth this year as it is virgin soil, meaning nothing has been grown in it before. Next year it will need to have a good mulch over.

If they're looking this good in ten days, what they gonna be like next year!
These are the onions, look at them will you, go on, look at them, good eh!

Not that I'm too excited, that would be sad wouldn't it? Whoop whoop whoop whoop

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will be eaten by slugs or rabbits or something. Or a dog will come and do a big hefty plop plop on them.
Or a cat will wee on them and they will taste like cats wee.

Joking aside, I hope they do grow. My Dad grows Rhubarb, Strawberries, Tomatoes and other stuff. It always taste really nice.

Delores Getmeslippers said...

I am very excited about your onions. They don't need fertiliser or they may grow too quickly. I hope the slugs don't get them. Mmmmmm, I can smell onion soup.